Mturk Jobs

Mturk Jobs
Mturk Jobs

Tank

Friday, April 20, 2018

How I successfully installed my ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE

Finally I got my ESP8266 installed on Arduino IDE


I know there are a lot of tutorials out there on how to install ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE.

I found many in the last couple of days and wrote about them here. 

I even tried all of them to install the ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE.



The problem I faced installing ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE

But the problem was that the files needed to install ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE as a supported board are too large(about 157MB) and it must be downloaded online from Arduino IDE.


The same repetitive error

The problem was that every time I try to download the files I get the same error.
After about 140Mb download I get the same error (error downloading file \...\...\.tgz)

I have been frustrated. I only wanted to try my generic ESP8266 module ESP-01 and I didn’t need all other ESP family support.

Couldn’t I just needed some files that I could download and copy them inside Arduino IDE files to support my single ESP-01 board?

I’ve tried to find the answer but in all tutorials they mentioned the same steps.

They only used board manager on Arduino IDE and they downloaded files online for the whole family as a big package.

Successfully installed ESP8266 board on Arduino IDE

The only thing that worked for me today is that I tried to select a lower version of the ESP family.
Actually this has been the first thing I tried.



I’ve tried to choose the first version but it also gave the same error as the last version.

Today what I’ve done new is to choose the 2.0.0 version. That’s all. After I’ve chosen this version it completed to that end and then I opened the board manager and found the ESP family with the label INSTALLED on it.

And then I opened the board list and I found the ESP boards and I chose Generic ESP8266 Module from it.


I wrote this memo as a reference for anyone who had the same problem and as a reminder for me.

Thank you for reading..

No comments:

Tank